AIR QUALITY EQUIPMENT
Air quality equipment ranges from whole house cleaners to thermostats, ventilation systems and CO monitors. Central Oregon Heating & Cooling carries products from top manufactures.
- Ultraviolet Air Cleaning – Installing an ultraviolet air treatment system will kill a high percentage of micro-organism contaminants in the air that passes as the system operates. A UV system eliminates mold spores; some systems eliminate as much as 99.9% of mold spores and can destroy up to 87% of airborne bacteria passing by the system. Everything you do to clean the air in your home will also increase the life of your HVAC system as it will reduce the amount of dirt that builds up in the system. COHC installs UV air cleaners by top manufacturers, Honeywell and Lifebreath among others.
- Air Ventilation Systems – Whole house ventilation systems let your house take a breath of fresh air. Centrifugal blowers bring fresh air into your home from outdoors while exhausting stale air. There are 2 types of air ventilation systems Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) and (ERV). A HRV system works by transferring heat between the stale air exhausted from your home to the fresh air brought inside. By transferring the heat from the indoor air, your home stays warm in the winter. In the summer HRV systems work in the reverse. ERV systems transfer both heat and moisture. Central Oregon Heating & Cooling has the experts to help you decide which system is right for you.
- Humidifiers – Your house like your body needs to be properly hydrated to maintain your health and comfort. Ideally, the humidity in your home should be between 30% and 50%. A whole house humidifier can help introduce the proper amount of moisture into your home. Humid air feels warmer so you will lower your thermostat. The proper level of humidity will not only increase your comfort but will decrease your energy cost.
- Electronic Whole House Air Cleaners – Portable air cleaners are designed to clean the air in individual rooms with varying degrees of effectiveness. Whole house air cleaners are incorporated into your HVAC system and clean the air going through your ductwork, releasing cleaner air throughout your entire home. Whole House air cleaners can capture over 99% of airborne particles (such as dander, bacteria, and pollens) passing through the cleaner. The cleaning process results in cleaner healthier air in your home.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Monitors – You have fire alarms in your home, so complete your protection by installing a CO monitor. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that every year more than 400 people in our country die from CO poisoning. Install at least one battery powered or battery backup CO detector in your home and change the batteries every 6 months. It’s a small thing to do to help keep your family safe. Central Oregon features reliable CO monitors by Honeywell.
Do you live and breathe in Bend, Redmond, Madras, Prineville, Sunriver or Sisters? Talk to us about your indoor air; call Central Oregon Heating & Cooling at 1-800-410-1855 Rdm 923-1855 Mds 475-1855