How Can Proper Duct Sealing Keep Your Energy Bill in Check?
Without proper duct sealing, your home is allowing thousands of dollars in energy expenses to leak outdoors. Instead of keeping wildlife cool in the summer or warm in the winter, have your duct sealant checked by a professional to keep your energy bill at a reasonable level.
What are the clues that your ducts aren’t properly sealed?
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Some rooms in your home are difficult to heat or cool
- Rooms in your home seem stuffy and never feel quite as comfortable as others
- Ductwork is located in the attic, crawlspace or in the garage
- Upon inspection you find tangled or kinked flexible ducts
Proper duct sealing can actually reduce your home or office energy bill by up to 33%. Save money now with professional duct sealing services from Central Oregon Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. Call 541-246-7223.
Duct Sealing Benefits
Duct sealing provides you with more than just a break on the energy bill. In addition to savings, home and small business owners who hire professional duct sealing services will see both health and wellbeing benefits as a result.
Direct benefits from professional duct sealing include:
- Increase overall comfort: reduce stuffiness or extreme temperatures in rooms throughout your home or office
- Improve indoor air quality: dust particles or outdoor fumes from household or garden chemicals can enter your duct system, which can aggravate allergies or asthma
- Heighten safety: leaky ductwork can cause “back-drafting” where combustible gases from water heaters, clothes dryers and furnaces leak into your home instead of outdoors
- Save money: home or business owners will see a sharp reduction in their energy bill after having ductwork properly sealed
Plus duct sealing also reduces the amount of air pollution emitting from your home, ultimately reducing your carbon footprint.
Central Oregon Heating, Cooling & Plumbing performs routine inspections, can make recommendations and performs restorative duct sealing.
HVAC professional may use any one of two methods to test:
- The pressurization subtraction method utilizes a unit (such as a high-powered fan set up in a doorway and connected to pressure gauges) to pressurize the entire space that is heated and/or cooled then blocking off the same space with the duct system.
- The duct testing method uses a calibrated fan that gently pressurizes the ducts and measures the airflow through the ducts to indicate total leakage.
Central Oregon Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for a free duct sealing inspection. Call us at 541-246-7223.